Tuesday 3 April 2012

The Wrath of the Titans - Film Review

The Wrath of the Titans is basically a film about sibling rivalry. Hades (god of the underworld) and Zeus (god of the sky) are fighting, and Zeus' children, Perseus and Ares, are fighting, because poor ole god of war, Ares, is jealous of the love and affection Zeus shows toward Perseus. Perhaps this shows they are not too far from humanity.


Throughout the film I couldn't shake the feeling that Perseus should have been named Hercules, but apparently seeing as Zeus has immortality he supposedly 'got around' during his years and had many children. Despite this though there were so many things which related to the stories of Hercules that I am so familiar with. Not just the fact that he is the son of Zeus, or that he flies on the back of Pegasus (the flying horse), but whilst in the labrinth leading to Hell - he fights and kills a centaur, as did Hercules!! 


I watched the film in 3D and have to add that it was possibly one of the best uses I myself have seen yet, just a shame about the film itself. 


The film was supposed to be serious for the most part but me and my friends couldn't help but laugh. I really want to label this film over-the-top, but can it be classed as that when it is a film about gods? I went to the cinema with 8 people, none of which were particularly fond of the film. I'll even go so far as to say I was bored, and this isn't because I'm some typical-action-hating-girl, I'll watch anything, and besides 5 of the people I was with were male - and most of those agreed with me. Dull and rather predictable.


Feel the boredom ... 





No comments:

Post a Comment